Also, as per executive order, non-essential retail businesses may provide curb-side pickup for customers. Shopping inside a non-essential business is still prohibited.
Many municipalities have canceled their Memorial Day parades.
Gov. Phil Murphy signed an executive order allowing some outdoor recreational activities to open Friday such as batting cages, golf ranges, shooting and archery ranges, community gardens, horseback riding and private tennis clubs.
Golfers will also be able to tee off in foursomes instead of pairs.
In Asbury Park, The Stone Pony and Wonder Bar remain closed.
State lakes and beaches along the Jersey Shore, New York, Connecticut — and even Delaware — will be open with some restrictions in time for Memorial Day weekend in a planned regional effort as the tri-state continues to grapple with the COVID-19 outbreak.
NYC Beaches Remain Closed, while tri-state beaches will open for Memorial Day Weekend — with restrictions
- Every beach must be required to establish capacity limitations.
- Social distancing measures are required keeping at least six-foot distances between beachgoers. This will be enforced except for family groups, household members, caretakers or couples.
- Organized games and contact sports are prohibited as well as beach recreational summer camps and special events that draw people to the beach such as concerts, festivals, or fireworks.
- Regular and proper cleaning of shower pavilions, changing areas and restrooms. “Sanitation will also be of great importance, especially since this order will allow for shower pavilions, changing areas and restrooms to remain open for visitors but they must be regularly and properly cleaned,” Gov. Murphy said. Restroom facilities in state and county parks will also reopen, provided they undergo frequent and proper cleaning.
- Boardwalk businesses such as boardwalk restaurants must continue to operate as take-out and delivery only, but the rides, arcades and other draws must remain closed. Playgrounds or visitor centers must similarly remain closed for the time being.
- Ensure staffing levels are adequate.
If you have any questions about this information or title insurance, please contact Ralph Aponte: 732.914.1400.
Counsellors Title Agency, www.counsellorstitle.net, founded in 1996, is one of New Jersey’s most respected title agencies, serving all 21 New Jersey counties with title insurance, clearing title, escrow, tidelands searches, and closing and settlement services for commercial or industrial properties, waterfront properties and marinas, condominiums, townhouses or residential single family homes. Counsellors Title also features its own Attorney Settlement Assistance Program™ [ASAP], which is an individual resource customized to fit the needs specifically of real estate attorneys, including, Documentation, Preparation, Disbursement of Funds, Attendance at Closing, HUD Preparation or Post-Closing Matters.
Connect with Ralph on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/