It is worthwhile to mention the weather when discussing residential real estate for large portions of the U.S. for February 2019, because this month has turned in some impressively cold, rainy and snowy days that have stalled some buying and selling actions. Nevertheless, housing markets have proven to be resilient despite predictions of a tougher year for the industry. It is still too early to say how the entire year will play out, but economic fundamentals remain positive.
• Single Family Closed Sales were down 4.0 percent to 4,372.
• Townhouse-Condo Closed Sales were down 2.4 percent to 1,357.
• Adult Communities Closed Sales were down 0.3 percent to 374.
• Single Family Median Sales Price increased 8.6 percent to $296,350.
• Townhouse-Condo Median Sales Price decreased 0.8 percent to $240,000.
• Adult Communities Median Sales Price increased 1.6 percent to $177,750.