Good news for the National Association of REALTORS® 2016. According to the Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends report – 89 percent of Millennials — used a real estate professional in their home search in 2016. This is going to call for ‘new skills’ to distinguish their own personal value proposition.
1. Define Specialties & Deliverables.
The ability to prove a knowledge of the market that resonates with them will be critical. According the the article on Realtor.com, “Millennials recognize that they need an advocate with experiential knowledge, skills, and resources to guide them through a complex and unique process.”
This means having the right data that would not be available just by searching the Internet.
2. Points of Personal Connection.
Knowledge and passion for service make for a powerful combination. When buying a property, location is the critical aspect, but when serving Millennials it is about connectivity. And connectivity comes in a number of different varieties::
1. Technology – being tech-savvy is a must.
2. Background knowledge of the personal preferences of the buyers.
3. Ability to bring a broad network of experts together quickly to solve problems and answer questions.